|World of Tanks
|Russia 14 Aug 10, Rest of World tbc
- CPU: 2GHz
- RAM: 1GB
- Video: GeForce 6800GT (128 MB) /
- ATI analog
- HDD: 2GB
World of Tanks is a 3D team-based MMO covering armoured vehicles from 1930s to the 1950s from Germany, Russia and later USA, UK, France & Japan. There are three types of tank:
additional classes are:
- Tank Destroyers
- Self-Propelled Guns (SPG or artillery)
Mouse & keyboard
New players enter the game with a German and Russian light tank in their garage. These can be upgraded or replaced by gaining experience and credits from battles, or cashing in some gold which will be available via micro-purchase. During the beta the player gets 150 gold every day that he logs in.
Players can upgrade his vehicle by researching and purchasing:
During battles the crew gains more experience which leads to improved performance. This improves driving, gunnery, reloading times and so on and is noticeable from 60% and up. It is possible to upgrade crew training by spending credits or gold to reduce or remove training time.
When crew members reach maximum skill (100%), they unlock secondary skills and can chose to train one of the following:
- Fire Fighting
Crews can train up to 2 secondary skills.
There are three battles options:
- Random battles – team deathmatch.
- Team battles – 3 man squad max with a 10% weight penalty in team deathmatch.
- Clan battles (full release only)
The game is over when a flag is captured or all of a team is dead.
- The BEST use for gold is buying Premium account where you accumulate double XP & credits, speeding crew training and access to upgrades.
- Low skill crews are bad at autoaiming.
- Autoaiming is bad at tracking moving tanks as it does not lead the target, i.e. you are likely to miss.
- If you are destroyed, exit the battle, jump in another tank in your garage and join another battle.
- Scouts are useless without long range radios.
- Artillery is useless without scouts.
- The sides & rear of vehicles make better targets due to thinner armour.
- Explosive ammunition:
- Does less damage than armour piercing (AP) rounds.
- Does FULL damage at range unlike AP
- De-tracks tanks better than AP.
- Upgrade tracks BEFORE upgrading engine or you can’t fit the new engine.